The Social Housing Coalition is a non-partisan, volunteer coalition spanning Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, and reaching out to the rest of British Columbia. We are a grassroots coalition comprised of those impacted by the current housing crisis, and we are determined to make social housing a major issue in the upcoming provincial election and beyond.
You can participate in this popular movement for social housing in a number of ways.
- If your organization is interested in joining the coalition, please contact us at info @ socialhousingbc.com.
- You can join the Social Housing Coalition and be part of the planning for this campaign. We meet on the first Wednesday evening of each month (7:00 pm at the Carnegie Community Centre theatre), with sub-committees meeting to discuss research, finances and outreach throughout the month.
- Please sign the petition calling for social housing across BC!
- You can also contribute financially to support the work of the coalition as it builds the social housing campaign. Please donate now!
- Another important and practical way of getting involved in this campaign is to organize and/or participate in a STAND for social housing. We are asking people in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province to stand on a busy intersection in their neighbourhood or town for one hour (noon t0 1:00 pm) every Saturday beginning on Nov 24th, 2012, hold up a banner that says “Social Housing Now,” and distribute a leaflet that outlines the housing crisis and the social housing campaign. This can be a simple, fun and inspiring way to actively participate in this movement for housing and social justice. Contact Dave Diewert at STANDS @ socialhousingbc.com or find out more here »
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT
SOCIAL HOUSING NOW
Together we can make it happen
Download the PDF to read more and to print and hand out!